The Ideker Laboratory seeks to create artificially intelligent models of cancer and other diseases for the translation of patient data to precision diagnosis and treatment. In doing so, we hope to address fundamental questions in systems biology and bioinformatics, including: What are the genetic and molecular networks that promote cancer? How can we best chart these? How do we use knowledge of these networks in intelligent systems for translation of genotype to phenotype?
Click an icon to learn more about our current research areas:
Recent News & Publications
Samson Fong, et al. Strategies for Network GWAS Evaluated Using Classroom Crowd Science. Cell Syst. (2019) [PDF] [PubMed]
Press: Trey Ideker included in new listing of highly cited researchers in the top 1% for their field. 45 UC San Diego Faculty Named Most Influential in Their Fields. Michelle Franklin, UC San Diego News Center. (November 28, 2018)
Tina Wang, et al. Quantitative translation of dog-to-human aging by conserved remodeling of epigenetic networks. BioRxiv (4 Nov 2019) [Get PDF] [preprint]
Figure 2D: non-linear transformation from dog to human age
- Podcast: How old is your dog in human years? Genetic study offers a new way to answer that question. Scientific American (9 January 2020)
- How to calculate your dog’s real age. BBC (6 Jan 2020)
- Radio Interview: Measuring A Dog’s Age Is More Complicated Than You Think. KCBS Radio. (14 Dec 2019)
- A New Way To Calculate Your Dog’s Age. NPR (7 Dec 2019)
- Scientists have come up with a better way to convert your dog’s age to human years. Washington Post (28 Nov 2019)
- Convert your dog’s age into human years using this new formula. New Scientist (21 Nov 2019)
- Science May Have a Better Way to Translate Dog Years to Human Years. Discover Magazine (20 Nov 2019)
- Calculate Your Dog’s Age With This New, Improved Formula. Smithsonian Magazine (19 Nov 2019)
- There’s a New Way to Calculate Your Dog’s Age in Human Years. New York Magazine, The Cut (19 Nov 2019)
- There’s a Better Way Calculate Your Dog’s True Age in Dog Years, Researchers Say. People Magazine (19 Nov 2019)
- The New Formula to Calculate Your Dog’s Age in Human Years. Popular Mechanics (18 Nov 2019)
- How old is your dog REALLY in ‘human years’? Researchers come up with a new formula for calculating the ‘true age’ of your canine friend (and it’s not multiplying it by seven). Daily Mail UK (18 Nov 2019)
- Here’s a better way to convert dog years to human years, scientists say. Science Magazine (15 Nov 2019)
Meet the Ideker Lab
The Ideker Laboratory has welcomed many distinguished researchers over the years — ranging from undergraduates to visiting scientists. Click buttons below to view Dr. Ideker’s profile and meet our past and present lab members.
Join Our Team
The Ideker Laboratory is in continual open recruitment for excellent postdoctoral scholars, graduate students, and software engineers.